- Start: during level 2
- Chemistry Laboratory experience required
- Penrose location
The company we are recruiting for is an established manufacturer and supplier of premium cleaning and hygiene products. They are one sub brand within a diverse global organisation and have a number of offices in New Zealand. This role is based in their Penrose site which is large and modern.
The Chemistry Laboratory Technician role is an initial 6 month assignment, and has the potential to become a permanent position. The hours are 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday to Friday (with a 30 minute daily lunch break).
In this role you are responsible for providing Quality Control and Laboratory Support to the NZ Production Teams in Auckland and Christchurch, to ensure that production quality meets specification and requirements. Plus you are responsible for checking the quality of the incoming raw materials.
- Run chemical lab testing of the production samples every day in accordance to the outlined specifications and materials. Based on the results decide whether they pass or fail. All out of spec products to be quarantined. Ensure that all material adjustments are reflected in Pronto (ERP system) to ensure that inventory is accurate.
- Directly interact with the production teams and provide data that will indicate whether to approve or reject batches of product, and provide technical support in formulation and material technical specification.
- When raw materials arrive, check that what has been delivered is correct to what was ordered and check that they are in good condition/ not damaged.
- Run weekly calibrations.
- Before production starts putting together a batch, always go through a check list to make sure they have gathered the correct raw materials to make the correct product.
- Generate and record in the system records and other controlled documents (including check sheets, log sheets, registers, training records, calibration records, certificates) When sales people or operations staff request copies of these certificates, you need to email them through in a timely manner.
- Ensure OSH compliance.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Partner with Operations and HSE for projects that involve quality, environment, operations and health & safety (such as SOP reviews, audits and gathering of evidence, process improvement and threat to life amendments for HSE).
The right person for this role will have:
- Prior Chemistry Laboratory experience
- Graduate within chemical & materials engineering
- A team player attitude - willingness to share knowledge
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Have experience in using Pronto (optional)
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.